We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen or Stockholm, the Eternal Question

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Copenhagen or Stockholm, the Eternal Question

Hello all,

We are a family with children ages 7 and 9. Next August, we will have a choice for 4-5 days at the tail end of our Europe trip. We are able to fly back to California on Norwegian Air, from either Copenhagen or Stockholm. The way I see it, either city would be great but an advantage of Copenhagen would be that we could easily take the bridge to Sweden for a daytrip, possibly to a beach town in Skane. On the other hand, the kids have been to Amsterdam before and I fear that Copenhagen may feel like a "repeat" for them. Stockholm, on the other hand, may be more naturally scenic and more "Nordic" in character. So, knowing this, which city should we choose?

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
211 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen or Stockholm, the Eternal Question

Even though I live not too far from Copenhagen I must say that Stockholm is by far a city that I rather go to as a tourist. Particularly in the summertime, Stockholm is a marvel to behold with all the water. You get scenic views that are simply impossible in Copenhagen, being a very flat city.

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen or Stockholm, the Eternal Question

Copenhagen and Amsterdam are indeed a bit similar in looks and character. I like both cities but my vote goes to Stockholm too. Make sure to venture out into the archepelago on a sunny day!

Menifee, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen or Stockholm, the Eternal Question

Andrew S, we too are in California (Menifee, an hour north of San Diego). Would love to hear about your experience on Norwegian Air when you fly home. We are planning a cruise out of Stockholm ending in Bergen in 2015. Would love to hear about your trans-Atlantic experience with them after you go!

Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen or Stockholm, the Eternal Question

I will be in these Nordic capitals Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen next Mar and have a total of 6 days to spend altogether.

I googled a bit and find Helsinki is less interesting compare to other two cities right? I incline to spend more days in Stockholm says 3 days, Copenhagen 2 days and 1 day for Helsinki. Is this better?

Bethesda, Maryland...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Copenhagen or Stockholm, the Eternal Question

Our daughter is spending the semester in Denmark and we wanted to tack a small trip onto visiting her. We are considering the ferry to Oslo, spend a few days there , and then want to either add Sweden or Amsterdam.

Need help deciding which one. Enjoy shopping, good food, exotic scenery, art museums.

Any advice appreciated.

Elysa

socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Copenhagen or Stockholm, the Eternal Question

just curious about Oslo -- worth paying a visit?

we are going to a wedding on June 20 -- just found out about it a week ago --- flying into Copenhagen and train to Vaxjo -- after the wedding thinking of spending a few days in Stockholm and flying out of there....or extend a day or so and go to Oslo then overnight ferry to Copenhagen and fly out of there -- would oslo be worth the time and expense?

7. Re: Copenhagen or Stockholm, the Eternal Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 30, 2015