We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accommodation in Central Stockholm

Singapore
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Accommodation in Central Stockholm

Hi

We are a group of 3 females looking for budget accommodation in Central Stockholm. Flying in on the 7th and taking the train to Denmark on 10th Oct 2013.

Is it better to stay near Central Station or in another place that is more centrally located & near to many attractions? We hope not to spend too much on transport cost.

Any recommendations of a good accommodation with kitchen facilities in these areas?

Thank you!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Accommodation in Central Stockholm

Dear Less,

The cheapest price for Swedish Train ticket to grab is usually 3 mths b4 departure, you are advised to book it asap at www.sj.se.

I'll be travelling from Stockholm to Copenhagen before this end Sept @ Kr195 only (departure time 10.21am-allow for scenery viewing in day time). I try look up for your date of 10.10.13 and found the lowest price remains the same but the departure time is as early as 5.59 am. There are other timing available but with higher train cost. Should you taking early train, you will have no choice but preferably to select accommodation closed to Central Train with walking distance.

For accommodation, you can refer to Booking.com. I gather from this forum that Stockholm is not very big and places of attraction are easyly accessible from central Stockholm.

If you would like to know more about Stockholm & Copenhagen that interest M'sian & S'porean especially places to "makan", I may be able to comment a bit when I'm back to KL early Oct. Feel free to write me then...

Singapore
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Accommodation in Central Stockholm

Hi May,

Wow! Thanks for helping to check out the train tix! No worries, we have already booked it. And coincidentally, we are also on the 10.21am train.

May I ask the name of the lodging that you are staying in Stockholm (and Copenhagen)? As of today, we are struggling between one that is near the train station and another that is on Skeppsholmen island. The prices for both are quite close. What would you choose?

And yes! I would definitely be glad if you could share the eating places. Hope i remember to drop you a note because we would be in Norway during early Oct :)

stockholm,sweden
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Accommodation in Central Stockholm

I would choose for the Skeppsholmen hostel, hands down! The central station area is not the nicest location in town, Skeppsholmen is both nice and quite central.

Singapore
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Accommodation in Central Stockholm

Thanks glam1! Are you referring to the hostel that is next to af Chapman? Our first choice was on the ship itself but too bad they do not have a room for 3 pax :(

5. Re: Budget Accommodation in Central Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 11, 2014