We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

Canberra, australia
4 posts
Save Topic
hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

Hi,

I'm visiting Stockholm for a few weeks and need a hair colour and trim.

There are salons everywhere but I need help to find one that is going to do an OK job colouring my greying Asian hair (i.e. I get it coloured black) and isn't toooo expensive or scary. Somewhere friendly and medium level.

Any recommendations much appreciated. Is there an Asian part of town where I am more likely to find such a salon?

Thanks

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
489 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

I tried to google ”asian hair stockholm” in Swedish (asiatiskt hår) and found a lot of people asking the same question, but very few answers. However, I found this one: superliminal.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/6925/

No address to a specific salon but an e-mail address to a Japanese hairdresser. I don't know if you read Japanese, I don't, but follow the link and you will at least see the e-mail address. Good luck!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

I recommend that you cut and color your hair back at home. You can probably find a place that does it good, but the normal price for a hair cut and coloring is 900 - 1000 SEK in Sweden.

1000 SEK is about 166 AUD.

Canberra, australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

OP Here

Thanks very much for your responses - I'm not that surprised about the cost, to be honest my usual price at home (Australia) is not that different. But it's good to be prepared with the credit card!

So I'd still be pleased if anyone could recommend a salon, and it doesn't have to be specifically for Asian hair.

Thanks again

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

Looks like most people who answer questions here are men, and we don't go to fancy places :)

The price that I gave you is an average price, you can easilly spend a lot more if you go to a fancy one, and some might evern require that you book several weeks ahead.

I googled in Swedish and found these listings. They are on the more expensive side. The pages are in Swedish, but google translate will hopefully work on them.

whatsupsthlm.se/shopping/…

http://www.stockholmskatalogen.se/frisor.html

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

My girlfried, my sister, my mother and I all go to Hårgänget at Götgatan. I think it's in the upper scale of prices, but they're good.

http://harganget.com/

6. Re: hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, December 02, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

does anyone know if any salons here carry mak hair products hair paste? i order on line now but would like to find a salon that has it in the area. the Glypto hair paste is the only product i use

Edited: 11:47 pm, April 12, 2014
8. Re: hair salon in Stockholm - Asian hair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 14, 2015