We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Stockholm (23 years old)

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in Stockholm (23 years old)

Hi,

I will be visiting Stockholm for a day and wondering what the best things to see within a day

- Ice Bar (1hour) then walk to/around Old town (takes 20min walk to get there) / Royal Palace

- Free Tour Stockholm (2hours) OR Segway City Tour

- Drottningholm Palace (2hrs return by boat, 1-2 hours there) or another river cruise?

- Evening: spend an evening on an island with a bbq and a motor boat short trip (Stockholm outdoor tours: 5hrs) - no bar stuff as with a friend who does not drink.

These are in no order but if anyone has any suggestions on what to do or if this is too much I would be grateful. I will half the day the next day so there is the possibility to do something on a half day.

Thanks in advance

Stoccolma in italiano - Visite guidate
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours
Free Tour Stockholm
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
Ocean Bus
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bus Tours, Duck Tours
Stockholm Ghost Walk
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours
London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in Stockholm (23 years old)

Drottningholm is imo not exciting enough given how little time you have. I would recommend the Vasa museum and the City Hall.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
456 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in Stockholm (23 years old)

I agree that you should avoid lengthy transfers when short on time. Besides the Vasa Museum you can also consider the Army Museum, the ABBA Museum, or the Historiska Museet (which features a Viking exhibition).

Hereford
Level Contributor
336 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day in Stockholm (23 years old)

ABBA Museum is great fun but prebook tickets to avoid the queues and walk straight in.

Ice Bar is also good fun although expensive however we recommend it!

Gamla Stan, the old town is worth a walk around, and on Djurgarden, near the ABBA Museum there is the amusement park. Walking from Djurgarden along the water back to Gamla Stan is very enjoyable also.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day in Stockholm (23 years old)

For one day, I would recommend walking around Gamla Stan (incl. Nobel museum if interested), Vasa museum, City Hall maybe. Don't miss out on Stockholm subway (Tunnelbana) - the art in some of the stations is popular.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day in Stockholm (23 years old)

The Vasa or ABBA museum are great choices (the Vasa museum is a bit dull though in some people's opinions, so ABBA might be your best shot).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,664 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day in Stockholm (23 years old)

We visited Stockholm recently & enjoyed taking the HOHO ferry around the harbour & the HOHO bus around the city which allows you to stop off at any of the major attractions. Its also a fabulous way to get orientated.

7. Re: 1 day in Stockholm (23 years old)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 03, 2014