We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing of the Guard information

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Changing of the Guard information

I will be in Stockholm next week (Tues 23rd - Fri 26th ) and would like to see the Changing of the Guard. Please could you advise on the following:

If it is free or if you need a Palace ticket?

Where is the best place to stand to watch the parade approaching the Palace?

If there are any special events which would make one day more interesting than another?

Thank you very much

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing of the Guard information

No ticket needed, entirely public. Most of the "action" is in the middle of the palace court yard, you will figure it out quickly on arrival.

The Royal Palace is guarded by different troops every week, some might have nicer uniforms than others but I think the procedure is more or less the same.

uk
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing of the Guard information

Thanks again for your help Christian B on this and the other post - I really appreciate.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
570 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing of the Guard information

The 23-26th of July are all days when the cavalry barracks of the Royal Svea Lifeguard are on duty.

In other words it'll be all the Kings horses and all the Kings men at 12:15 at the Royal Castle.

Edited: 7:02 pm, July 16, 2013
uk
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing of the Guard information

Thank you. I was only yesterday that I discovered that you have the changing of the guards there as well as here in London!

5. Re: Changing of the Guard information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, July 19, 2014