We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol bar prices?

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol bar prices?

Hi,

I'm going to Stockholm for 3 nights this weekend (for my hen party).

Could someone tell me what the average price for alcoholic drinks will be? A lot of the questions online are answered with how much beer is, but I'm more interested in a spirit and a mixer, or cocktails.

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol bar prices?

How nice that you picked Stockholm and not the usual Barcelona or Prague...I am sure you will enjoy Stockholm!

Drinks will be between 10 GBP and 14 GBP, depending on place and choice of drink. Swedish bartenders often ask if you want 4 or 6 cl of spirit in your drink, pick 4 and save some money and some brain cells every time.

Your hen party trip will either leave you broke or refreshed and sober.

Edited: 5:48 pm, July 09, 2013
Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol bar prices?

Sad to tell you but the trick to save your wallet on a barcrawl in Sweden is to stay away from the spirits.

The alcohol tax rises with the ABV on the drinks.

So beer is not wery much more expensive then in UK, but booze is!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
435 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol bar prices?

Sweden's alcohol policy is no longer as harsh as reputed; if you want good taste for little money, you can buy drinks from the shelf. In Systembolaget, a 33 cL microbrew costs around 15 SEK, and most wines are less than 100 SEK a bottle. Some of the best wines even cost less at Systembolaget than in continental Europe. Hard liquor is always costly; a 0.7 L bottle of vodka is 200-300 SEK.

Drinking retail alcohol is allowed in most parks and other outdoor areas, with a few obvious exceptions such as playgrounds, indoor malls and public transport. A picnic with some wine could be a great experience.

Edited: 10:54 am, July 10, 2013
4. Re: Alcohol bar prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 12, 2014