We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Clarion Hotel

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Clarion Hotel

Hello,

We arrive at Arlanda airport at 9.30pm next Friday and need to get from there to our hotel, the Clarion.

Could anyone advise if taking a taxi or the train would be our best option. I know that for a taxi we must arrange a fixed price, any idea what this should be? How difficult/expensive would it be to catch the train and then a taxi or metro to our hotel?

Many thanks!

Hotel Rival
Hotel Rival
#3 of 154 hotels in Stockholm
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad
#9 of 154 hotels in Stockholm
Downtown Camper by Scandic
Downtown Camper by Scandic
#11 of 154 hotels in Stockholm
London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Clarion Hotel

I should add that 'we' is two people in case that makes a difference to costs etc and that we will only have one small suitcase each.

London, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Clarion Hotel

It's not in the part of town we visited, but I was in Stockholm last weekend, and for starters I would definately get the Flybus from the airport rather than the Arlanda Express. The A.Exp is about £30 per person return, whereas the bus is £15. It's only 40mins and the buses are airconditioned. In the airport terminal there is a kiosk you can buy tickets but you can also buy them on the bus. Really easy.

From the central station, you would probably be looking at a taxi or the underground.

Taxi's from the airport are a fixed price, but if I remember right, they were something like 400SEK each way.

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Arlanda Express
Arlanda Express
6,666 Reviews
Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Clarion Hotel

There is a summer discount on the Arlanda Express between June 17 and August 20. Two people travelling together pay SEK 220 (£16). Once you are in Stockholm, take the green metro line south and get off at "Skanstull".

A taxi from the airport will cost around SEK400.

Mentioned in this post
Arlanda Express
Arlanda Express
6,666 Reviews
Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Clarion Hotel

Many thanks for your help, I think we will take your suggestions and use public transport rather than taking a taxi.