We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which City?

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nowhere
Level Contributor
276 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which City?

We're spending a few days in Iceland this summer, and then we have a few more days to head to Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, or Stockholm. If you could only do one, which one would you recommend and why? Thanks for the help.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which City?

Having lived in both Copenhagen and Stockholm, and visited both Helsinki and Oslo on several occations: here is my verdict.

Helsinki. Very eastern Europe. Takes you about one day to see the whole thing. Rates 4th of the nordic capitals in my mind...

Oslo is way too expensive for what you get. It is a small town, not a "real city". I actually like it, but I would put it in third place of the 4...

So - its down to Stockholm or Copenhagen. Let me tell you about the differences.

Where Stockholm is absolutely stunningly beautiful - Copenhagen is nice and picturesque.

Where Copenhagen is laid back and continental - Stockholm is cool and contemporary.

Where Stockholm is international - Copenhagen is very danish.

Where Copenhagen is all about taking a stroll - Stockholm is all about the water.

So, depending on which flavor you like - I would choose any of the two. I personally prefer Stockholm to Copenhagen, but both cities have their pros and cons. So why not make it a double date and see both of them?!?!

Good luck!

2. Re: Which City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 15, 2009