We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle bus cost

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Topic
Shuttle bus cost

We will arrive Arlanda Airport on July 20 and plan to take the airport shuttle to cruise line terminal (frihamnen). We want to know the cost for two for the shuttle and we will have two medium size luggages and two hand carries. Any extra charge for the luggage? Do we need to make reservation before arrival? Any web site we can find this out or any email address available?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
438 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle bus cost

Unfamiliar to that service. What is the name of the company?

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle bus cost

I think Anna just assumes there is a shuttle.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
438 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle bus cost

In other words, there is no non-stop public transport between Arlanda and Frihamnen. You will need to hire a cab, or make a transit at Stockholm Central.

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle bus cost

I got the information from a web site. It said the shuttle buses depart every 30 mins. And it also mentioned the buses have room for 8 people with luggage. Someone asked same question on 2008 on this forum and the reply said the cost was $43.00 US for 2 people. Now I am confused is there any shuttle bus service in Arlanda airport or else I need to take the taxi ?

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle bus cost

I've not heard of any direct shuttle service Arlanda–Frihamnen either, but of course it might exist. (There was sort of a shared taxi service a few years ago, but it stopped operating)

A taxi from Arlanda to Stockholm "innanför tullarna" (which includes Frihamnen) is around 500 SEK fixed price. Make sure to only go with major taxi companies (ie Taxi Stockholm, Taxi 020, Taxi Kurir). There are loads of less serious taxi companies ripping off people legally.

There is also an airport coach service to Cityterminalen, which is 99 SEK per person. From there you can go by local bus service #1 to the port (Single ticket is 44 SEK per person, buy it, before boarding the bus, at any Pressbyrån news agent).

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle bus cost

Thank you for your clearly answer.

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle bus cost

Flying out from San Francisco to Atlanta,Sweden. Need to transfer flight at Heathrow airport, London. Does anybody tell me that I need to claim my luggage and walk to terminal 3 with my luggage and check in again?

Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
457 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle bus cost

there is a shuttle service. The web site is www.flygbussarna.se with an English page and even a video of the trip service. Did not check out prices since we are still finalizing our trip itinerary.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
516 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle bus cost

Anna7788:

This, is the Stockholm forum. Regarding your question about your transfer at Heathrow. I think you need to check this with your airline, or maybe check with the Heathrow website. Or try to post the question in the Air travel forum.

pbandehey:

Flygbussarna is a shuttle bus service, yes, to the Stockholm city center. The stops are listed on the website. But they don't have a service to Frihamnen.

Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
457 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttle bus cost

Please excuse the confusion I may have caused. To my feeble brain, 'airline coach' did not equate to shuttle bus and of course, this still means a taxi to the cruise terminal from the city center.