We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

dayton, OH
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

I needed help figuring out how to get from Arlanda airport to Scandic park, it will be two of us with two kids, one 7 yr old and one yr old, two bags and a stroller, we will get to the airport at 1045 pm so late. What would be the easiest way to get to hotel from airport at that time with two kids and two bags? is taxi feasible? how much a taxi would cost for the trip? public transport doable with kids and luggage and this late? if so directions on how to get there.?

Thanks

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

A taxi from Arlanda to the inner city is 520 SEK fixed price (± a few kronor). In your case, it's the best option by far.

Stay with the big and serious taxi companies (Taxi Stockholm, Taxi 020, Taxi Kurir). Others might rip you off legally – the Stockholm taxi market is deregulated and pricing is up to the driver/company, as long as they post their prices on a sticker on the window.

Public transport is doable, but when you arrive that late and with kids, I think it will be wise to just get a cab straight to the hotel, not having to take care of connections, tickets and so on.

dayton, OH
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

Thanks for the reply, I think despite the cost, with time of night we are getting there, will probably stick with Taxi per your advice. Where can we get big Taxi companies, are there booths for companies, or we have to pick form taxi stand?

Thanks

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

To be honest, you would at best save 50% by public transport.

From what I remember from the last time I took a taxi at Arlanda, you pick your taxi from a stand. You can just check the price with the driver, they enter the fixed price in the meter and off you go.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

You might want to check this thread for the taxi stands at Arlanda question:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189852-i233-k6461…

dayton, OH
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

Thanks for the suggestion and helpful link. I will get a fixed price taxi with one of the name you suggested.

Dracut...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

My husband and I will be arriving at the Arlanda Airport early Saturday morning - July 27. We are also looking for the best way to get to the Scandic Park Hotel. Could you please tell us what public transportation is available (buses, train, metro, etc) and the cost? Could you please tell me specifics of how to get from the airport to the hotel? Thank you.

Dracut...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

What is the cost of taking a taxi from the Arlanda Airport to the Scandic Hotel? With luggage I think it may be easier just to take a taxi. Thanks again.

8. Re: Airport to Scandic Park Ostermalm.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 18, 2014