We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on differences in cabins on Tallink Silja ferry

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
100 posts
333 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on differences in cabins on Tallink Silja ferry

I will be taking an overnight ferry from Stockholm to Riga in July. I'm just one person, so I will get a bunk in a shared cabin. These are the cabin descriptions for my boat: https:/…travelclass

The prices/options are:

38 euros to share a C cabin with 3 other girls

45 euros to share a B cabin with 3 other girls

81 euros to share a B2 cabin with 1 other girl

90 euros to share a B cabin with 1 other girl

None of these have a window, and I can't tell from the descriptions or pictures what the substantive differences or advantages of the B, B2, and C cabins are. On a practical level, why are the C cabins worse? I see that they're below the car deck, but does that mean there's lots of stairs, or it just takes longer to get there from the entertainment areas, or is it hot or noisy from engines, etc?

Are there lockers to securely store your luggage in each of these kinds of cabin, so that you don't have to worry about your stranger bunkmates going through your stuff? Any other recommendations for how to pick a cabin class? Thanks!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
100 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on differences in cabins on Tallink Silja ferry

Anybody have advice on this?

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on differences in cabins on Tallink Silja ferry

There are now two ferries going from Riuga to Stockholm. Which one are you using? " Romantika" or " Isabelle".

New York, NY
Level Contributor
100 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on differences in cabins on Tallink Silja ferry

Isabelle

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on differences in cabins on Tallink Silja ferry

From my expierence C class is more noisy- I haven't checked it on Isabelle though. It is longer way from shops and entertainment areas, but this is nothing special. Regarding lockers- they don't have them. There are 2 (or 4) beds, something similar to wardrobe (you know- just coat hangers and such), sometimes small table, and WC/dusche. That's all. So it depends from your cabine mates. I would suggest B2- as there will be only one room mate, cabin will be above car deck.

5. Re: Advice on differences in cabins on Tallink Silja ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 06, 2014