We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in Stockholm.

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dayton, OH
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to stay in Stockholm.

I would like to know whats the most desirable place to stay in Stockholm. I'll be coming over in early July with my family, wife and two, would like a place which is central with easy access to place to go and stuff to do. I don't know the names of the neighbourhoods in stockholm which are central.

Thanks.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay in Stockholm.

Depends a bit on what you want, but you could take a look at Östermalm, Södermalm, Kungsholmen, Vasastan, Norrmalm, Gamla Stan (old town) and City.

The locations Kungsholmen and Vasastan/Norrmalm are mostly residential areas with many restaurants. You can walk from them to the city, but you will probably take the bus or subway instead. Östermalm has many museums and is close to Djurgården where you also have many museums. Södermalm is also a residential area but with a bit of younger people and pubs where many people like to party. The Gamla Stan (Old Town) is very nice, and you will probably visit it. Don't know if you'd like to stay there or not. It's usually lots of tourists there.

dayton, OH
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay in Stockholm.

Thank you so much for quick reply, this really helps. I did have another question about a particular hotel, Scandic Park and Scandic Ariadne hotels, Mentioned in Ostermalm, good location?

Thanks again.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay in Stockholm.

Scandic Park has a good location. Scandic Ariadne is a bit off. It's only close to one of the the ports, so that one is probably only good if you are going with one of the cruise ships.

dayton, OH
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay in Stockholm.

Thank you so much!

Fairbanks, Alaska
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay in Stockholm.

I am planning a trip to Stockholm in early July and have been looking to stay at a hotel near the Central Train Station, but I have heard about construction of the new terminal and tunnels and wonder where the construction area is and how this is effecting any of the hotels in the area in terms of noise level to be heard i the rooms from construction zone and getting to them through the construction zone and closed areas. Can anyone give me advice about which hotels near the station might be better or those to avoid? Thank you.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay in Stockholm.

@kbak64 actually, it isn't too bad. There is quite a bit of construction going on, but not much to be seen on the surface. There are basically two construction areas:

• The block surrounded by streets Vasagatan, Klara vattugränd, Klarabergsviadukten and Klara västra kyrkogata.

• The area in front of the Central station.

The immediate area might be a bit noisy, but it shouldn't be too bad, especially not at night.

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay in Stockholm.

I would still not recommend staying around the Central Station, the area is not very nice.

holmdel, nj
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to stay in Stockholm.

My family will have one night to spend in Stockholm. We'd like a hotel, maybe Courtyard Marriott, Sheraton quality, near easy transportation to the airport. Ideal would be right near the Flugsbussarna or Arlanda Express stop. Any suggestions?

9. Re: Best place to stay in Stockholm.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 23, 2014