We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nature day trip outside of Stockholm

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Nature day trip outside of Stockholm

Hi

I might visit Stockholm on one of the upcoming bank holidays (4 days).

Next to explore the city itself I would also like to get out of it for 1 day.

I'm interested in nature. I would like to hike and enjoy some nice landscape. Up to about 6 hours of demanding walking would be fine.

I already saw that Färnebofjärden National Park, Ängsö National Park and Tyresta National Park are the closest to Stockholm. But I can't tell if they can offer what I'm looking for or if there are also other places which would fit better. If you could also provide information about how to get there easily and what signature trail you would suggest that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
582 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nature day trip outside of Stockholm

You could consider one of these hiking trails. I think I recall that Roslagsleden is fairly easy to get to using public transportations.

visitstockholm.com/en/…925

Another thing that you could consider, that I like is to rent a canoe or kayak and paddle through some nice scenery.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nature day trip outside of Stockholm

Links with lots of info about the Stockholm archipelago:

visitskargarden.se/en/…

waxholmsbolaget.se/visitor/…

translate.google.com/translate…

blidosundsbolaget.se/index.php/…

www.visitstockholm.com/en/To-Do/Excursions/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_archipelago

3. Re: Nature day trip outside of Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 25, 2014