We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice re: Jumbo Stay

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Advice re: Jumbo Stay

Hi,

I am arriving in Stockholm by flight from Bergen around noon late May and leaving for Tallinn by cruise after three nights. I really would like to try the Jumbo Stay hostel, but since I am not flying out early or flying in late, i thought that the timing and transportation may be a bit of an issue. I was thinking about staying in Jumbo Stay the first night and somewhere central the other two nights. I know that it is easy to get to Jumbo Stay from the airport, but I am worried that it will be not easy or cheap to go sightsee from Jumbo Stay the remainder of my first day in Stockholm. The idea of going to city center and back and back to city center next morning seems rather expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there sightseeing near Jumbo stay? Or about equal distance from city center and Jumbo stay?

Thank you for any advice that you may have.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice re: Jumbo Stay

Never stayed at the Jumbo... but it looks pretty fun and unique!

Why don't you stay one night and see some sights north of Stockholm (where the airport is located)? The city of Uppsala is just north of the airport and there you can see the cathedral as well as Viking graves/mounds. Just south of Arlanda is Sigtuna, the old capital of Sweden. Very picturesque old town.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice re: Jumbo Stay

Thank you! The suggestion for Uppsala is a great idea. I will go straight there from Jumbo Stay and head into central Stockholm the next day.

3. Re: Advice re: Jumbo Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 21, 2014