We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm weather in January

Singapore
14 posts
Save Topic
Stockholm weather in January

How is Stockholm weather in January like? Is it advisable to plan a trip in January? Will it be too cold and difficult to move around especially when exploring Stockholm is best by walking?

Stockholm
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm weather in January

It is hard to predict, it can be anywhere between -10 and +10 Celsius. You may have snow, sunshine or rain.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm weather in January

If you are to visit Stockholm just once, and you can choose your season, come during summer.

A visit during January will be successful with proper clothes, and awareness that daylight is scarce, with sunset around 3 PM.

Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm weather in January

Thanks for the advises!! It has to be in Jan or none at all this time round. So I am wondering if it will be easy to walk around in the bitter cold? What should I prepare?

Stockholm
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm weather in January

I wouldn't say "bitter cold"! ;-)

Walking around the city isn't a problem... we Swedes do it all winter long. Otherwise there are always buses, boats and subways. To prepare, I would say pack the appropriate clothing. Besides a winter jacket, bring a scarf, gloves, something to cover your head as well as good shoes... water tight and with good traction. Make sure you keep an eye on a good weather website a few days before your trip to get an idea what the weather and temperature will be like. Here are two good Scandinavian sites:

yr.no/place/…long.html

http://www.smhi.se/en/Weather

Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm weather in January

Thank u!! That's a good website to monitor e weather.

Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stockholm weather in January

Thank u!! That's a good website to monitor e weather.

7. Re: Stockholm weather in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 17, 2013