We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Topic
Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

Hi,

Considering 3 nights in Stockholm last weekend of November.. Wife and baby (10month old)...

Questions- is the city child friendly? Restaurants child friendly?

Will there be a good Xmas cheer that weekend? Xmas markets etc?

Finally - looking for the best hotel for family which is modern, trendy yet child friendly?? Not sure what area/hotel...

Thanks

Ken

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,718 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

Sweden as a whole is generally child friendly. Any specific needs, or specific restraurants you want to ask about?

The Xmas markets are present (we went for these a few years back and timing to meet them was at the core of our plan) - in 2009 there were food markets by the Central T-bana station entrance, a lot of stalls on Kungstradgarden, a market or two on Gamla Stan and for us the main event being the Xmas stuff on Skansen.

Skansen lists its Xmas market starting on 24th November, so matches your visit (Weekends only there).

The Old TOwm market seems to kick off on the 23rd

www.stortorgetsjulmarknad.com/subdet16.htm

There's a decent and updating list of Christmas things at Visit Stockholm here

visitstockholm.com/en/…

It looks like hat weekend is the first of the markets so Kungstradgarden and the rest should be kicking off (when we when we did first weekend in December to ensure everything was up and running).

Edited: 3:35 am, October 24, 2012
Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

thank you so much for your reply!

I wonder about hotels and restaurants...

Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

Where are the so called experts? Seems to be a very poor forum

Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

Hotel prices in Stockholm are very up and down from week to week so it is hard to give general recommendations.

Also, I have no idea what hotels are considered child friendly but I would assume most of them are. I would recommend a search for your desired weekend and then check the reviews.

Avoid hotels that are not in central Stockholm. Östermalm, Södermalm, Norrmalm, Gamla Stan and Kungsholmen are the convenient neighborhoods.

Edited: 12:37 pm, October 26, 2012
Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

thank you for your reply.

would u recommend any particular hotel?

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

I dont know your budget but Rival is very nice.

Of the more affordable hotels, Clarion Sign, Radisson Blue Waterfront and Birger Jarl sometimes have very attractive rates. But like I said, it depends a lot on the date.

8. Re: Stockholm for some Xmas cheer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 07, 2013