We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Skavsta - Stockholm

england
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to Skavsta - Stockholm

Hi,

I am travelling to Stockholm in August and staying at the Nordic sea hotel, Does anybody have any idea how i would get to the hotel from Skavsta airport and which would be the cheapest way?

Has anybody stayed there and know if it's any good?

Sweden
Level Contributor
751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Skavsta - Stockholm

Hi!

The cheapest way would be to ask your fellow travelers if someone could give you a ride.

Second best is the bus-service 199 SEK one-way, the bus leaves 30 minutes after the arrival (of the plane), and it's a 80 min traveltime.

Tickets are only sold at the ticketcounter at skavsta so don't linger.

Sweden
Level Contributor
751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Skavsta - Stockholm

Hi again!

I saw in your other post that the "I" is a "we"

I would then recommend that if you take the bus that one of you get the tickets and the other one fetches the luggage. It's a small airport so you won't have any trouble finding eachother again. Just meet again at the bus.

england
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Skavsta - Stockholm

Thanks for the info.

Alo
Solna
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to Skavsta - Stockholm

The bus from Skavsta is definitely the easiest way assuming you don't run into anyone who can offer you a lift, and costs 130 kr one way or 199 kr return. It takes you to City Terminalen, which is right by your hotel.

england
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to Skavsta - Stockholm

Do you know where abouts you actually get the bus from at the airport and what it's called?

If it is right near the Nordic Sea Hotel, do you know if you can walk to the old town from the hotel?

Alo
Solna
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying to Skavsta - Stockholm

You can't miss where to get the bus at Skavsta - it really is a very small airport, there are signs and the staff are friendly. Just look/ask for the Stockholm City bus. You can buy the tickets using a credit card from a machine in the luggage hall (if it's still there, I never use it myself), or from a desk next to the Hertz car rental one in the check-in area - simply walk through the cafeteria area (on your right as you come through from the arrival hall) and up the ramp.

As for your other question, your hotel is a short walk from the Old Town - around 10 minutes.