We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to see Stockholm with 90 year old father

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Best way to see Stockholm with 90 year old father

We are in port for 8 hours, my father is 90, and can meander about 1.5 - 2 miles with rest times. Should we do a city overview and then plan to hang out in a particular area before heading back to the ship? Vasa is a must see.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
447 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to see Stockholm with 90 year old father

You could take a sightseeing boat, such as "Under the bridges of Stockholm".

stockholm,sweden
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to see Stockholm with 90 year old father

Starting with Vasa is a good idea, then taking the ferry from Djurgården to Slussen/Gamla Stan, where you can hang around. Gamla Stan has plenty of small, pittoresque streets and you could sit at a café on Stortorget for a long time without getting bored. If your father still feels fit and if you have time left, taking a sightseeing tour with a boat is not a bad idea: you get to see a lot without walking. The boats leave from a quai outside Grand Hotel, not far from the castle.

R A
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to see Stockholm with 90 year old father

My 91-year old mother visited me in Stockholm. She was in a wheel chair at the time. Vasa Museum was perfect. We also enjoyed strolling through Kungstradgarden. Also enjoyed strolling and rolling along Strandvagskajen to Nybrokajen and to Museikajen. Round the corner and you are at the National Museum. The lunch in the basement restaurant is very good and not too expensive. There is a 3-story (?) atrium with skylights that make this a really nice place to eat. Other favorite of mine with my mother was the Moderna Museum/Architectur Museum on Skeppsholmen. Perhaps the best view from a restaurant in Stockholm. It is a museum cafe but, as so often happens, the hot salmon buffet is as good as it gets in Sweden.

4. Re: Best way to see Stockholm with 90 year old father

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 14, 2013