We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks in Stockholm

Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks in Stockholm

My husband and I are coming to Stockholm for a two week vacation. What are some suggested itineraries for these two weeks? Stay in Stockhom? Overnight ferry to Helsinki?

I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,806 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks in Stockholm

There are ferries to Helsinki and to Tallinn and lots of ferries connecting those two cities so you could do a round trip of the Baltic, depending on how long you want to stay in Stockholm.

We'll be doing something similar: flying into Helsinki and out of Stockholm two weeks later. I'm now trying to work out the itinerary so hoping for day-trip suggestions from Stockholm too!

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
50 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks in Stockholm

What itineraries you need depends on what time of year you will be visiting. In spring it can be quite cold sometimes, and summertime can be very hot if you are lucky. Rain is not to uncommon either...

So bring clothes for both hot and cold weather, and something to protect you against rain. Otherwise you don't need so much I think.

The ferries to Finland can be intersesting if you want to see how drunk swedes and finns behave, but it I'm shure that it will be nice when you arrive in Finland, especially Helsinki. The ferries to the Baltic I don't know so much about, but I have heard that it should be beautiful towns there.

If you have time, take the train or airplane to maybe Goteborg, Malmo or why not Copenhagen for a few days. Nice towns. Malmo and Copenhagen are next to eachother, so they are good to combine.

Have a nice trip!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,806 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks in Stockholm

We're there in July and i will be cooler than here I'm sure, Big difference will be short nights!

Copenhagen we're leaving for another trip (Copenhagen and DK) but visiting Europe from Yemen it would make sense to explore there too.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
50 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two weeks in Stockholm

Hi!

In july the sun rises at about 4.30/5 am and sets around 9.45 pm, so the nights are not that long. And the night aren't really pitch black either.

If you are lucky and it is a good swedish summer, it can be quite hot i sweden also. Lets hope for it!

If you are in Copenhagen you shouldn't miss out the town Malmo in Sweden. You can take a train from Copenhagen over the Oresund-bridge and be there in about 20 minutes. It's cheap and fast and you get to see a very pleasant Swedish town that are quite different from both Stockholm and Copenhagen. You can check it out at: malmo.se/turist/inenglish.4.33aee30d103b8f15…

Have a nice trip!

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
50 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two weeks in Stockholm

Lynda!

If you are from Barcelona or Spain, you should'nt miss out architect Santiago Calatrava's spectacular apartment building Turning Torso in Malmö.

Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two weeks in Stockholm

We are planning on arriving in late June/early july. I will be coming from Yemen and he will be coming from Germany. We havent seen each other in 9 months so, we don't want to go too crazy and def. don't want to be around drunk people.