We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine selection

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
462 posts
Save Topic
wine selection

I am wonering if I can get excellent wines at a good price in stockholm to take on my cruise or should I bring it all the way from california.

I do stop in paris for 3 hrs. could I get any good buys in the duty free shop in the airport?

Stockholm, Sweden
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wine selection

Alcohol is rather expensive in Sweden, one exception is good wines. (The price is mostly based on how much alchol it is rather than quality). You can only buy alcoholic drinks at Systembolaget, in Stockholm there is many of these stores, only open 10-18.30. For good wines i recommend the Systembolaget at NK (big department store in central Stockholm).

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine selection

Booze of all kinds is $$ in Sweden, but there is no shortage of selection. Hit the Duty free on the way.

Stockholm
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wine selection

As mentioned above, the price of wine is based on alcohol content and not quality. The Swedish Alcohol Retail Monopoly (Systembolaget) is the largest alcohol retailer in the world and hence get excellent deals on great wines. For example

Bollinger RD (2005)

Champagne, France -- USD 138

Méthode Ancienne Cabernet Sauvignon

Robertson, South Africa -- USD 35