We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm and London

Mexico
7 posts
Save Topic
Stockholm and London

Hey there, a friend of mine that lives in London is asking me how can he visit me when I´m in stockholm, where can he get information about this? because I have no idea, Thank you in advance

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm and London

Tell him to check low-cost flights by companies like

www.ryanair.com

there are several departures from London Stanstead every day... (the only drawback is that they land at Nyköping, which is about 80-90 minutes from central Stockholm)

Here are the transfer buses going between Nyköping (or Stockholm Skavsta as the small airport is called, which is a pretty silly name, because Stockholm is far off...)

www.flygbussarna.se/en/linje.asp…

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm and London

British Airways are currently doing flights from London Heathrow (LHR) to Stockholm Arlanda (ARN) for under (GBP)£100 return. ARN is much closer to Stockholm city centre than the airport used by RyanAir; it also has convenient bus and train links with the inner city.

www.ba.com

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm and London

Hi

Ryanair fly from Luton and Stansted to two airports outside Stockholm, and although they are a fair distance away they have busses waiting to take you into the centre of the city. We have paid as little as £28 return with Ryanair, and because the airports are small you usually have your luggage within minutes of the plane landing.

The main Stockholm airport Arlanda is nowhere near Stockholm either I think it's over 30 miles away and I don't know if they are as efficient as Ryanair with baggage and transfers. Somehow I doubt it.

To get the information about Ryanair flights just go to their website. There is an option to look for the cheapest flights use that as travelling say a few hours later than you plan may save you a lot.

There is a lot of nonsense talked about Ryanair, the fact is that they are the most punctual airline in Europe, and after travelling with them numerous times I have always found the staff to be polite and helpful.

Enjoy Stockholm

Jackie