We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stockholm or copenhagen

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
2 posts
Save Topic
stockholm or copenhagen

I am planning a weekend break in early december. it is between copenhagen or stockholm. I just can't make up my mind!!! can anybody help??

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

They are both very nice cities with lots to see and wonderful restaurants. It has been almost 20 years since I visited Copenhagen--where does the time go?? We were in Stockholm 5 years ago. I would go back to visit either in a minute. I realize this doesn't help you make up your mind! LOL

New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

Well I have been to Copenhagen a number of times in the past 5 years and it's is one of my favorite places to visit. It is far more affordable then Stockholm (where I am going next month). Stockholm is a very nice city as well but I would pick Copenhagen.

It is compact, enjoyable good art and culture and it is where the Swedes go for a fun time as well. ps. The weather can be a bit raw in either city by December. Copenhagen is a bit further south.

Level Contributor
203 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

Go to Stockholm. Copenhagen is a pleasant, hospitable, fun Scandinavian capitol. Stockholm is all that and stunningly gorgeous as well. Costs are comparable in both cities. Coming from London, neither will seem expensive.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
260 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

Hands down...STOCKHOLM! Enough said, you wont be sorry.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

I love both places. Copenhagen is more relaxed, if the danes were any more laid back they'd tip over. Stockholm is more beautiful though. I dunno, had the same crisis a few days ago choosing between Stockholm and Paris for a weekend getaway. I opted for Stockholm:)

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

I'd take Stockholm over Copenhagen (and Paris) any day, even in December when the days are short and the weather miserable ;-)

US
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

Really? Why's that? I went to Copenhagen and found it rather nice. Why would you go Stockholm over Copenhagen?

New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

We're going to both cities in July, and can't decide how to divide our time. We'll have 7 nights, and don't know where to do 4 and where 3. I think it's really a silly question. Is there more to do in either place? I see the consensus might be that Stockholm is a little more beautiful and Copenhagen (maybe) a little more compact. Oh, such a tragic problem, eh?

New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

We're going to both cities in July, and can't decide how to divide our time. We'll have 7 nights, and don't know where to do 4 and where 3. I think it's really a silly question. Is there more to do in either place? I see the consensus might be that Stockholm is a little more beautiful and Copenhagen (maybe) a little more compact. Oh, such a tragic problem, eh?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: stockholm or copenhagen

Stockholm ! Been to both and Stockholm is just amazing. Don't get me wrong, Copenhagen is nice but Stockholm is better. I would go back any minute.