We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

Utah
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

I will arrive at Arlanda Airport about noon on 20 September 2005 and would like to go into the city and spend what time remains in the day. My flight to the USA leaves the next morning at 10:15 am.

What are the transportation options into Stockholm?

About what is the cost?

How late do the busses (trains) or whatever go back to the airport from the city?

Any hotel suggestions near the airport?

Thanks!

Al

PS What is the currency for Sweden?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

Take the Arlanda Express, as you're tight for time. It takes 20 minutes right to the centre and is even much quicker than a taxi.

It runs pretty late and is frequent. Check the Arlanda Express website for timetables. There is at least one hotel right by the airport, check Arlanda airport's website.

Swedish kronor.

Utah
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

thank you!

Minneapolis
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

I just returned from Stockholm this week. The Arlanda Express is great - if you are arriving on an international flight - you will arrive at Arlanda terminal 2 or 5. The Alranda Express stops at both - and you will be in downtown Stockholm in 20 minutes. Buy your tickets ahead (airport or trainstation) and NOT on the train itself and you will save 50 Kroner. Also - they are running a "2 for 200" special which will save you about 90 kroner if you are traveling in a pair. Currency is Swedish Kroner - and we were trading at 7.3 to 7.7 kroner to the US dollar.

enjoy your trip - Stockholm is beautiful.

Utah
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

Thank you Kimberling. We will be coming from Tallinn.

I assume the 2 for 200 can be bought in the airport near the bus stop?

thanks again

Minneapolis
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

Follow the signs when you arrive for the Arlanda express and they'll help you. Enjoy your trip! The 2 for 200 is advertised all over for the Arlanda express -

Utah
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

Kimberling,

Thank X 1000 squared

(Math teacher)

leicester
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

Hello

Me and my father travelled on the Arlanda express from Arlanda airport to the central station in Stockholm. Our train took about 30 minutes for the journey when it was guaranteed it would take no more than 22 minutes. We complained and today I got 2 complimentary tickets from the company however now they are of no use to me as we are back home in the UK! There is a promotional offer on at the moment if you travel with 2 people you pay 200 Swedish Kroner. I am willing to sell my 2 tickets (or one if you’re travelling on your own) at £12 for the pair, this is less than the promotional offer price! This is very good considering you’d normally pay £30 for the same pair of tickets. If you’re interested then you can contact me at: arpansingla@aol.com

Manchester, England
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

Why not use the express bus? It costs 89 sek for a single journey or 170 sek return and the journey is 35 minutes. The bus goes to Central Station and they are every 10 mins.

Lily Sandibanks

Manchester, England
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

Why not use the express bus? It costs 89 sek for a single journey or 170 sek return and the journey is 35 minutes. The bus goes to Central Station and they are every 10 mins.

Lily Sandibanks

Utah
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

Sandibanks,

Thank you for the bus info.

I will consider it.

Thanks again!