What would you say are the "don't miss" activities in Helsinki if you only have a day? (Easily accessible by foot is best) Thanks!
You've put this post in the Sweden forum and Helsinki is in Finland but still I have been to Helsinki, or Helsingfors as we Swedes call the city, many times. There are a few things one should not miss when visiting Helsinki.
1. Helsinki Cathedral.
2. Stockmann, Scandinavias biggest department store (if you like shopping).
3. Temppeliaukio Church, a church built in to a rock in central Helsinki, you can basicly only see the oval roof the rest is inside the rock.
4. The Sibeliusmonument, a monument on top of a rock this time that is a tribute to Finlands most well know composer.
5. You can also go down to the Harbour in central Helsinki, where daytime, you can see the huge ferries that go back and forth between Stockholm and Helsinki.
6. Borgbacken (it's called something else in finnish), an amusement park which has an over 50 years old roller-coaster!
Hope this helps a bit. All of these atractions are within walking distance of each other.
Very cool. Thanks for the help - sorry about the forum mixup!
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.