We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Strike Still On?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Bus Strike Still On?

Does anyone have any update on the bus strike? I gather from previous posts that there is a metro stop nearby Frihamnen--a 10 min. walk up a hill? We will be there on July 31. Thanks for any help

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Strike Still On?

Latest on the bus strike is that the parts are negotiating and an escalation of the strike has been postponed, probably good news!

New update tomorrow at 22.00.

The walk up to the T-bana will do you good after all the food on the ship! Haha! (as i remember its not a steep climb)

Brussels
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Strike Still On?

I see the SL public transport website is still reporting that the bus strike is on. Does anyone know whether the airport bus (not SL I think) from Bromma airport to City terminal is running? We are arriving on Thursday!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Strike Still On?

Looks like you are in luck. If you go to this site you will see that the Stockholm strike is over for now. Don't know about any other strikes in other parts of Sweden.

To AndersE: Thanks for the info and you are right about the food and the walk, for sure.

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Strike Still On?

I´didnt say it is over yet but it looks as a solution is near!

A press conference is scheduled to 22.00 Swedish time, I´ll let you know what they will say!

Brussels
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Strike Still On?

It seems that the bus strike is over. See The Local english language paper in Sweden: http://www.thelocal.se/13066/20080715/

Good news for us and all other travellers!

Mentioned in this post
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
6. Re: Bus Strike Still On?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 01, 2009