We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm to Linkoping

UK
1 post
Stockholm to Linkoping

Helo

How can I travel from Stockholm (from Arlanda Airport) to Linkoping via bus or train ( how to get to either stations), how much is the fair, and the timetable please

Thanks

Stockholm
Level Contributor
49 posts
1. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

Hi!

There are three or four departures every day from Arlanda C to Linkoping. If you take the express train to Stockholm (3-6 departures every hour) you have another twenty or so trains to Linkoping to choose from. Travel time is, no matter if you go direct from Arlanda or through Stockholm, about two and a half hours.

Please note that the regular trains and airport express trains leave from different platforms at Arlanda Airport.

There���s a timetable in English at www.resplus.se

Stockholm
Level Contributor
316 posts
24 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

As a complement to Odenplan's post I can tell you this.

The regular fare is between SEK 250 and SEK 750 depending on when you travel and if you choose a high-speed (X2000) or an inter-city train.

If you book a few weeks in advance your are able to get cheaper "just nu"-prices. Tickets can be bought through www.sj.se with major creditcards. You are then able to pick up your ticket in a machine at the station.

NB. The fare for the Arlanda Express train from the airport to the city is SEK 180 one-way. In some of the connections sold on www.sj.se Arlanda Express is included in the price though. - If you are on a tight budget you might want to go by airport bus to the city and change to train there. The bus price is SEK 90 one way.

Also, there is a bus from Stockholm downtown to Linkoping. There is one departure every two hours or so. The busride is 2,5-3 hours and the price is SEK 190. There is a seating guarantee for the bus. Thus, you do not have to reserve a ticket in advande. CF. www.swebusexpress.se

If you tell us more about dates and times for you journey and your budget we might be able to find you a good solution.

// Ola

Den Haag
1 post
3. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

Thanks a lot guys! You've helped this foreign traveller to go from Stockholm to Linchoping!

Long live google and the friendly people on the web ;-)

Greece
5 posts
4. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

thanks a lot for your guidance you were very instructive but please tell me something more .

How I will take my tickets if i pay them with credit card from Greece

Thanks you in advance

Nikos

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
336 posts
42 reviews
11 helpful votes
5. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

Windsurfernikos, I guess you mean train tickets.

If you buy ordinary train tickets by credit card on internet, you get a control number. You enter this control number in ticketing mashines located in the train terminals in Sweden. Out comes your ticket(s). The mashines are light blue. Note that in Arlanda airport there are three terminals for train located underground the flight terminals. One centrally located is for ordinary train, the other two in each end of the airport is for Arlanda Express train only to Stockholm Central station.

Greece
5 posts
6. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

Dear Baggen

thanks a lot for your help .

I don't know if i become annoying but something last

do you know if i had to buy or book tickets for the train before the day of my travel or i can find tickets whenever i want ?

Thanks a lot

Greetings from Greece

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
336 posts
42 reviews
11 helpful votes
7. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

It is so much depending on the date, day of week and the places you are travelling between.

Give more information and you will have a better answer.

Greece
5 posts
8. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

thanks a lot i will try to be more precise .

I will arrive in Arlanda on 18th of August about 14.20 and then i want to travel to Linkoping and finally to Rimforsa .

thanks a lot

Nikos

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
336 posts
42 reviews
11 helpful votes
9. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

The 18th August is a Saturday in the middle of the holiday season for South Europeans and when schools and universities in Sweden are about to start again.

I would definitly buy or atleast book in advance.

You find all here:

www.sj.se

Select 2kl Just Nu (litterlly Right Now) prices and book early for best deals

Greece
5 posts
10. Re: Stockholm to Linkoping

Dear Baggen

thanks a lot much obliged

Nikos