We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Completely confused by the train!

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worthington, Ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Completely confused by the train!

I apologize in advance for being such a dork. I am usually able to figure things like this out, but for some reason, I'm stumped with this one.

Is there a train to Västerås from Stockholm? The only info I can find is bus schedules, which show only two trips to that airport a day, neither of which will get me to the airport on time for my flight. My flight is at 13:55. At this rate, it looks like I'll have to arrive in Stockholm the night before and take the bus and I guess sleep at the airport? This can't be right, anyone!?!

PS....if I'm buying tickets from Lund to Stockholm on a night train and choose couchettes, why does the confirmation say "carriage 6, seat 61"? I'm buying tickets for 6 people, which I thought meant we would fill up and entire sleeping area. Sorry for being such a dork, but I've never taken an overnight train ANYWHERE before, so I don't even know what they look like inside and all of the train jargon (compartments, carriage, saloon car, etc) makes no sense :)

Thanks to anyone who can de-dorkify me!

Sweden
Level Contributor
728 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Completely confused by the train!

You can take a train from stockholm to västerås and then bus or taxi, trains run at least every hour..

www.sj.se

You will need to use "ä" and "å" to find Västerås, "Vasteras" will not work.

As for the train it should say:

Adult 1: Carriage 6, Seat 21, Compartment

Adult 2: Carriage 6, Seat 22, Compartment

Adult 3: Carriage 6, Seat 23, Compartment

Adult 4: Carriage 6, Seat 24, Compartment

Adult 5: Carriage 6, Seat 25, Compartment

Adult 6: Carriage 6, Seat 26, Compartment

The system probably can't handle saying bed instead of seat.

I think I would also doublecheck that you all end up in the same compartment.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Completely confused by the train!

Have no recent experience of night trains so I cant help you there!

And are you flying with Wizz air to Poznan?

Its a new line for Västerås airport wich starts at may 15.

www.flygbussarna.se

Will operate coaches wich match these flights. Leave Stockholm City terminal at 11.00

There are plenty of trains to Västerås but the coach is a better option.

3. Re: Completely confused by the train!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 25, 2009