We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm Trip Report 8th to 10th Feb 2008

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
166 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Stockholm Trip Report 8th to 10th Feb 2008

My wife and I have just returned from Stockholm after a short break there and thought would write a little trip report as we were both impressed with the city.

We went there primarily to see The Cure in concert but spent some time exploring too.

We landed at Skavsta late Friday night got our bags quickly and headed onto the bus into Stockholm city centre- journey felt quite long but think that was due to lateness and darkness so couldn't see much!!

Arrived at Cityterminalen and hopped onto a taxi to our hotel- the Birger Jarl. Was thoroughly impressed with the hotel- lovely service- lovely room- lovely breakfast (and served until 11am on a weekend- great for a bit of a lie in)

On the Saturday after breakfast we walked down to the Vasa Museum due to the recommendations that it was a must do- and rightly so- really fantastic and interesting place- so we spent a good bit of time there.

After that we wandered back towards T-Centralen and then got the T-bana back to our hotel for quick freshen up.

Headed out for a meal and then onto the gig.

With both my wife and I being vegetarian we opted for Hermans following all the good recommendations and we are glad we did- fantastic food and great value for money- so highly recommended

After eating far too much food we headed off to the gig at Hovet- part of the Globen Arenas complex- excellent gig and venue was dead easy to find and welll served by transport with a T-bana stop right there.

On Sunday- we went for an explore around Gamla Stan which we both really liked-just a shame we didn't have more time

Headed back to our hotel to pick up our bags then onto the bus for the airport. Have to say as airports go we quite liked Skavsta- it's small but has perfectly good facilities.

So although a very short stay we really liked Stockholm and will definitely return to spend more time there. It felt very friendly, safe and clean and we had a great time

Bragg Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm Trip Report 8th to 10th Feb 2008

Thanks for writing this review, from one pair of veggies to another - we've found it really helpful.

2. Re: Stockholm Trip Report 8th to 10th Feb 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, September 20, 2009