We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarians in Stockholm

Bragg Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarians in Stockholm

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend places to eat in Stockholm that are suitable for vegetarians? We will be coming for a weekend later this month.

Many thanks.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
507 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarians in Stockholm

Herman's on Södermalm has a very good reputation and if you follow the link below you'll see that it also has stunning views back across the city and old town. The conservatory bit is still open in the winter but you'll probably want to wear a coat (we took friends there last February).

http://www.hermans.gastrogate.com/

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarians in Stockholm

Chutney on Katarina Bangatan 19 does wholesome simple vegeterian dishes.

There are quite a few Thai restaurants around the Zinkensdamm area offering quite good vegeterian options.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarians in Stockholm

A couple of other options are Ellora, a definite value-for-money Indian with crazy decor on Hornsgatan (underground Zinkensdamm) and Lao wai(http://www.laowai.se/index_en.html)... These places both have an extensive selction of vegetarian dishes. Otherwise, you'll generally find one vegetarian option in most places, though Swedes often have a strange understanding of "vegetarian". If you don't eat fish or shellfish, it's definitely worth poiting that out in advance.

Also, do a search in this forum to find some other vegetarian choices.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
176 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarians in Stockholm

Having just returned from Stockholm I can highly recommend Hermans- my wife and I ate there on Saturday night and it was brilliant food- and good value- we paid 195 krone each which was for the buffet (all you can eat) plus coffee and desert- you can have cheaper deals if you don't go for desert and coffee.

It's a 5 minute stroll from Slussen T-bana stop on quite an unassuming street- we thought at first we were lost till we double checked the map

Bragg Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegetarians in Stockholm

Many thanks for everyone's help. I'll be there tomorrow and I'll try Hermans.

6. Re: Vegetarians in Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 20, 2009