We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

Hi i just wanted to ask a few questions as we are really considering coming to your town this New Year.

The last two New Years we have gone firstlly to oslo where it was snowing and at midnight people just let off fireworks all over town it was fantastic and last year to Copenhagen where there was no snow(rain instead) but at the main square at midnight it was a wild party again with lots of fireworks....i was wondering whether Stockholm would be the same with fireworks at midnight and whether it will be snowing at that time of year.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

With regards to the snow your guess is as good as mine. :) two years ago we had heaps of snow and last year there wasn't really any. so it's hit or miss.

In terms of fireworks - there are both official and unoffical ones - standing on the cliffs of Söder - over the ferry terminal normally ensures a magnificent view of the city and all the fireworks. It's beautiful.

2. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 12, 2009