We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Hotel weekend with wife?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Hotel weekend with wife?

Which hotel would you recommend for a really romantic weekend for two, within an hour by car from Stockholm?

We would like high standard room, real good food.

Preferably a spa thing - or best of all, Jacuzzi or large hot tub in the room.

We have been to Lady Hamilton Hotel in Gamla Stan which was really cool with the cold well in the cellars, and we have been to Trosa Stadshotell, which was OK.

And Yes, I am a Stockholmer myself, but I can´t find the perfect place for this.

Thankful for your personal experiences, since I of course already have scanned the net for standard tips.

Micke

Stockholm
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Hotel weekend with wife?

Don't know if it's too far out for you, but our friends liked Seglarhotellet at Sandhamn, where they had a suite with jacuzzi and sauna. A place I quite liked, though mostly packed out with conferences during the week, is Rosenön on Dalarö: www.rosenon.se. I don't know if I'd say the rooms were very high standard -just typical Nordic furnishings - but the food was excellent, service was good and the grounds were very nice. The spa is of a good standard too, with steam and dry saunas, a hot tub, decent-sized pool and all sorts of treatments available. They also have a bookable wood-fired sauna down by the water.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Hotel weekend with wife?

Thanks Smulan.

We were actually thinking of Sandhamn, but their weekend packages starts in october, and that is too late for us.

Does anyone have experiences from Smådalarö Gård?

That is very close to Rosenön.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Hotel weekend with wife?

Yes, have been to Smådalarö gård, but haven't stayed in the suite. This might be worth the hefty price tag, but I didn't think the rooms in the modern annexe set away from the main house were particularly special. While there, we booked the wood-fired sauna by the lake for our own personal use. What we didn't realise, though, is that the sauna is split into two parts separated only by a garden fence. The other part is open to all and with a little bad luck you end up listening to loud, drunken conversations from the other side. The main house was nice and "olde worlde" and the food was excellent, though.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Hotel weekend with wife?

After racking my brains, I've just stumbled over the home page of a place I was at a few years back, Häringe slott. Over-the-top decor, about 30 minutes out of town, suites with jacuzzi and the former haunt of celebrities such as Greta Garbo, Zarah Leander and even Elizabeth Taylor: http://www.haringeslott.se . They do a romantic weekend package with bathrobes, bubbly and all.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Hotel weekend with wife?

Smådalarö Gård is fantastik. Don't forget places like Rånnäs Slott, Södertuna Slott and Häringe Slott.

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Hotel weekend with wife?

This is a totally different vibe ... more of an Asian feel but Hasseludden is an interesting place.