We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit cards for taxis and Vasa Museum?

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach, CA
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Credit cards for taxis and Vasa Museum?

Hello...we are sailing on the Star Princess with one day in Stockholm Sept. 11. I have reviewed past postings with wonderful information regarding what to do with our too short time in Stockholm, transportation from dock, etc.

One of our party has limited mobility, so we are thinking of taxis...will taxis accept VISA credit cards...and does the VASA Museum accept VISA credit card for entrance fee and eating in the cafe?

Will the changing of the guard take place on that date, a Tuesday? I see there is a summer schedule, but it is not clear whether Sept. 11 will be on that schedule.

Any other advice is welcome.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
110 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Credit cards for taxis and Vasa Museum?

Yes, they will. Make sure you take one of the cabs from the large companies: Taxi Stockhol, Taxi Kurir, Taxi 020, Taxi Transfer, then you will have no problems (and pay less...).

Others must answer the guard-question, I have never seen them and I don' t think I ever will. Enjoy Stockholm!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
336 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Credit cards for taxis and Vasa Museum?

The use of credit cards is very wide spread in Sweden. You can use credit and pay cards almost everywhere.

The Royal Guard

The changing of the Royal Guard takes place on the outer courtyard at the Royal Palace at 1200 noon (1300 Sundays) every day all year around. The changing of the guard has been done since 1523 in unbroken tradition, so the chances for 11 September are pretty high... :)

See the king

My advice for you is to be on place even 30-60 minutes before that, since there is a state visit from Brazil the 11th of September. You will be able to see H M King Carl XVI Gustaf and only meters away in horse carriage when passing in procession together with the Brazilian president. All soldiers posted along the parade road will indicate what way they take through Stockholm, but a good photo spot is the broad upphill slope road just South of the Palace, Slottsbacken. From there you have a 100 meters walk to the outer courtyard.

The palace

The backside of the coin is that the state apartments including the state visit guest apartment in the palace will be closed arfound that day. Still all the museums like The Armoury, The Treasury etc etc will be open as usual.

Have a good visit in Stockholm!

Long Beach, CA
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Credit cards for taxis and Vasa Museum?

Thanks so much for the information.

Americans don't get much of a chance to see real Royalty in person, good day to be in Stockholm.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
336 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Credit cards for taxis and Vasa Museum?

Yes and do not forget the Brazilian president. It is like three continents meeting in one place; North America, South America and Europe! :)

5. Re: Credit cards for taxis and Vasa Museum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 08, 2009