We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm in a day Part 2

Sydney
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Stockholm in a day Part 2

I am attending a conference at Rosenon Conference Centre and on the last night staying at the conference centre. In the morning I will be making my way back to Stockholm, but I do not fly out until early evening. Could anyone suggest what I should visit in this day to make the most of my time. Any suggestion on where I can leave luggage would be appreciated. I will be in Stockholm the middle of September.

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Stockholm
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm in a day Part 2

Further to my other post about boat trips from Rosenön: I think I may have found the timetable for the boat and the first one would leave Rosenön at 9.45 in the morning, arriving Saltsjöbaden at 10.40. From there you'd have to take an overland commuter train at 10.58, arriving Slussen (underground station in city centre) at 11.27. Given this, I would venture to say that the bus and commuter train might be a better option unless you are particularly fond of boat trips. The commuter train will take you all the way to Central Station, where you can leave your luggage and pick it up just before you get the train or bus to Arlanda airport.

Sydney
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm in a day Part 2

Smulan

Thankyou for your reply. The boat sounds like a nice way to travel back. I am travelling a long way for a few days, so any spare time I want to be a tourist. We have asked the people organising the conference if they are arranging travel to the conference from the airport. After your reply I hope they are. If they don't I will have fun getting myself there. I have looked at the conference centre web page and it does look like a nice place to stay. Will pack swimwear.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
60 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm in a day Part 2

As smulan stated

Leave your luggage in the central station you can take the Arland Express (train) to the airport later it will take you there in 20 minutes.

Depending on how much time you have available there are two main things you should see.

- Vasa Museum at Djurgården it is a very impressive musuem.

- Old town, take a walk through old town and the royal castle, stroll around the narrow streets and stop for coffee and later go to Sjätte Tunnan a medieval restaurant with excellent food.

The problem is that they are located in opposite sides of town, if you do have plenty of time you can do it easily but if you are short of time just pick one of them.

Mentioned in this post
Vasa Museum
Vasa Museum
26,269 Reviews
Stockholm, Sweden
4. Re: Stockholm in a day Part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, August 31, 2009