We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm - plus three more days somehwere in Sweden?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stockholm - plus three more days somehwere in Sweden?

We are planning to be in Sweden for a week (6 nights) in late May/early June. Thinking of spending three nights in Stockholm and would appreciate ideas for three days somewhere else.

We live in New York City and would like to spend the three days somewhere in nature ideally (need some time outside of cities). We have been looking into the islands of the Stockholm Archipelago - if that is recommended, would be grateful for specific ideas of places and hotels (as weather may not be perfect then, would like to find a hotel where we would be happy spending some time).

Also, seems like islands might be small enough that three days on one might be too long? (although not looking to travel too much in a short time) Would love to take walks, hike, rent bicycles or canoes and be outside. Many thanks.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm - plus three more days somehwere in Sweden?

Hi Zelda,

Grinda is a good island to stay on.

http://www.grindawardshus.se/

http://www.grinda.nu/

We just stayed at Grinda W��rdshus for one night over Easter and had a wonderful time.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm - plus three more days somehwere in Sweden?

Stockmos -

Thanks very much for your help - I really appreciate it.

Kind regards

england
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm - plus three more days somehwere in Sweden?

Hi there

Just to pass on, in case you don't know, but maybe that's why you're going, but anyway, Stockholm seems to be extremely busy right around the time you're going, because of various events. We had a little trouble getting rooms booked, but managed in the end. Hopefully you will have no trouble outside the city. I recommend booking as soon as possible to avoid a last minute panic! All the best

ny
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm - plus three more days somehwere in Sweden?

Zelda-

did you go to Grinda? I am travelling to Stockholm in a few weeks and we have reserved two nights at the Wardshus there. i would love to hear your experience if you did go there.

jp

Lincs, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm - plus three more days somehwere in Sweden?

Hi Zelda

Just got back from Gothenburg, a truly beautiful place to visit and many islands off the coast you can visit by boat, I believe one island is also serviced by the Tram.... well thats what my wife told me. So nice we are going back in around 4 weeks.

Hope that is some help..

Have a great time when you get there

IzzyUK

New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stockholm - plus three more days somehwere in Sweden?

Hi,

I'm interested in doing something similar as part of my honeymoon in late June/early July. Any suggestions for this time of year?

We are hoping to find someone or an organization that does alternative tours/eco-architecture tours as well. Looking for some spa experiences as well that are relaxing and licensed. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

Kathy

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
670 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stockholm - plus three more days somehwere in Sweden?

Somewhere like Gotland or Oland is a nice place to spend a few days in the summer. You can also tour the glass blowing factories in Småland or yes, the archipelago is wonderful.