We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

Which Vaxjo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Duluth, Minnesota...
1 post
Save Topic
Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

I'll be spending a week in Vaxjo Sweden, flying in to Copenhagen. When I look at the SJ schedule, it appears that there is only a train around 5 p.m. traveling that route. Can that be right? I'm considering a 3 or 4 day train pass, but want to make sure that the line I choose goes in and out of Vaxjo easily. Would two day trips out of the Vaxjo area be realistic?

8 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

There are direct trains from Copenhagen Airport to Vaxjo every hour all day.

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

Hi,

Not sure what kind of train pass you mean as you mention SJ who do not have that many of their own trains to Växjö during the day.

The trains that run every hour are managed by the local authorities' joint train company - http://www.oresundstag.se/en/Start/

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

There are plenty of trains, mostly with a change in Alvesta, but it's super easy and quick. Vaxjo is a lovely town, my family lives there :) maybe when looking at sj website you only ticked sj trains to be showed? As there are multiple regional connections. Best of luck!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
516 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

You can use the following link for communication in Sweden

reseplanerare.resrobot.se/bin/query.exe/en…

This will find trains (and buses) operated by any operator.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

Will be taking a train from Copenhagen to Vaxjo June 8. Do we need to purchase tickets ahead of time, or reserve, such as seats? Should we plan ahead if we need to be in Vaxjo a certain hour? Is there a hi speed train with few stops?

My husband will be in Vaxjo for a conference for a week. Are there day trips I can take by train or bus? Where?

Thank you for all you help.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

Problem is I cannot read the Swedish name for Vaxjo. Not sure how it is written in Swedish, on the pull down list of town from Copenhagen to ?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
356 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

How long is the train ride from Copenhagen, if I travel to Vaxjo on June 9 which is a Sunday.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo

Direct train will take approx. 2.5 hours.

http://www.sj.se/start/startpage/index.form

Just type 'co' and select 'Köbenhavn H' and 'va' and select 'Växjö station' from the drop-downs.

Reply to: Travel from Copenhagen to Vaxjo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vaxjo