We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 world jr's - additional days there- what to do????

edmonton_travlers
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2014 world jr's - additional days there- what to do????

My husband and I will be in Sweden for the world Jr's this year and we have 2 extra days booked for our trip after the tournament is over. With these additional 2 days we were thinking it would be cool to check out another place in Europe like 2 days in Germany or Finland. We are already spending time exploring Copenhagen while we are there. Any suggestions or tips? Bear in mind this will be in January.

Sweden
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2014 world jr's - additional days there- what to do????

What are your interests? Berlin and Helsinki are two great options, but it all depends on you interests. Since this would be in January I would suggest Berlin.

Excuse my ignorance, but 2014 world Jr's in what?

edmonton_travlers
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2014 world jr's - additional days there- what to do????

The World Jr's Hockey Championship!

We just want to do some exploring while we are there. Not really into the usual touristy trap things. Would like to soak up some local culture . We will go back to Europe sometime in the fall and catch Oktoberfest in Munich for sure!

For now, we don't have alot of time, but thought it would be nice to see another place since we have never been to Europe, most of our vacations are of the tropical nature.

Thanks for the suggestions Kerstin48!

Edited: 10:22 pm, June 22, 2013
Edmonton
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2014 world jr's - additional days there- what to do????

Hey edmonton _travlers, my husband and I are in Edmonton and we're going too!

4. Re: 2014 world jr's - additional days there- what to do????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 19, 2014