We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malmo locals DON'T like the Turning Torso.

Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Malmo locals DON'T like the Turning Torso.

...This is what a Swede told me (not from Malmo).

I have doubts this is true.

Could people confirm that this is true or at least that it's the GENERAL concensus among locals.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Malmo
Malmo
Skane County, Sweden
Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
180 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malmo locals DON'T like the Turning Torso.

Hello

Don´t know about others, but i think it´s nice. Interresting.

But there was a lot going on while it was built. Directors using too much money. Members of HSB which is the company that owns and built the Torso feeling that their money was spend without them having any insight. Maybe thats why it´s not liked. But as building and landmark I think it is fantastic. It was also fantastic to see it growing...

(HSB is more a organisation for people owning their apartments, the intire building must have membership and be run by the same rules nationwide. Don´t know a better way to explane)

Hope i´ve helped a little!

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malmo locals DON'T like the Turning Torso.

^^Thanks niki :-)...very helpful indeed.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,588 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malmo locals DON'T like the Turning Torso.

Hi

I visited Malmö a while ago and my feeling was that they were proud of it.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
180 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malmo locals DON'T like the Turning Torso.

Hej hej! Of course they are, now that it´s built!!!!

Lätt att vara efterklok!

Chur
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Malmo locals DON'T like the Turning Torso.

I have not visited the turning torso, but am quite curious about feeling it gives. What is the feeling of the residents having inside access to this private facility, (something new for Calatrava as he usually builds public buildings) and then for those on the outside, is the Turning torso somehow seen as an unnapproachable landmark closed off from the community?

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malmo locals DON'T like the Turning Torso.

I would say that the people of Malmo are very proud of the Turning torso. Walking around in Västra hamnen where the Torso is located is really nice, close to the sea with lots of nice buildings.

Mentioned in this post
Malmo
Malmo
Skane County, Sweden
7. Re: Malmo locals DON'T like the Turning Torso.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 01, 2009