We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund with the same ticket

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
114 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund with the same ticket

Hello

I am going from Copenhagen central station to malmo to check in the hotel at 12:00 then to Lund for 2 hours and back to Malmo to spend the night then at the morning I will be back to Copenhagen airport.

What the cheapest way to do this round trip ?

I have read about something like a train ticket that goes from Copenhagen to Lund and we can stop at Malmo for any time as long as it is within the same day, but I can't find the topic.

Can you advise me of the best transportation option as regards the cheapest ticket.

Thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
929 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund with the same ticket

I can't even find a rules document. But if you buy a Copenhagen-Lund ticket it is valid for the day. And I guess it will show Malmö (A)+Lund (B) as its "transfer area". The "transfer area" is a Danish concept though. In Sweden I guess you can only go "forward" within the validity period of the ticket. So a long stop in Malmö shouldn't be a problem. But you should buy a Lund-Malmö ticket for the journey back to Malmö.

If you are two adults travelling together you should buy a family/duo ticket on all these trips (20% off in Denmark and 10% off in Sweden). It is valid for any two adults. Not sure if it is possible to buy a Malmö-Copenhagen ticket in advance while you are in Denmark, but it could be an idea to try to get the higher discount.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
114 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund with the same ticket

thanks alot

3. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund with the same ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, October 08, 2017

Reply to: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund with the same ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malmo