We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

Hi

I would like to get transport advise on a day trip from CPH to Malmo and Lund :

(1) Understand we will better view of the bridge by bus from CPH. May I know from Copenhagen airport, which bus to take? I read about bus 999 but would not find the route. Of taking Bus4You is similar?

(2) From Malmo to Lund, is there more than 1 trian provider, DB, SJ, ? Are they of the same price for the ticket which I undertstand the journey is about 10 mins. Or any particular train to use?

Thanks in advice for your help.

11 replies to this topic
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

1. Yes, the view of the bridge is better from a bus. Don't know which buses there are though.

2. Yes, SJ and Skånetrafiken. They have their own tickets and you can't use a SJ-ticket on a Skånetrafiken train and v.v. as far as I know.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

Thanks.

is the price on either train quite similar? Do I need to buy in advance or it is fine to buy at the station?

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
925 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

If you want to have flexible journey back to Copenhagen, take the bus to Sweden and the train back since there a lot of trains to choose from for your return journey and no prebooking required.

Long distance buses are Flixbus, Nettbuss and Swebus. Pretty sure they all require prebooking. They probably all go to Lund too if you want to start there.

Copenhagen-malmö bus, you pay the driver. Cash only it seems but both SEK and DKK are accepted. graahundbus.dk/999-koebenhavn-malmo-centrum

SJ requires prebooking and are expensive for short journeys so it is no idea to use them.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

Thanks Anders J

Yes, I found Nettbuss bus from CPH to Malmo. But to Lund, it need to change to another bus and there is a wait in between. there is under Flxibus too but the timing is very early.

In this case, we will then tour Malmo for half a day. After that will take a train to Lund and another half day there, followed by train from Lund back to CPH.

So we do not use SJ will do? any other train is fine?

For the trains, we can just buy at the train station?

Do they can cash for the purchase of the tickets?

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
925 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

There might be a few other trains running. You buy a ticket at the station from an authority called Skånetrafiken. Their trains are branded Öresundståg and Pågatåg. A ticket is valid on any of those two. I believe the ticket machines at larger stations still accept cash. There are also ticket offices at both stations. In Malmö it is in the south end of the station. In Lund it is not in the station building itself but in an former warehouse building alongside track 1.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

Thanks for your help Anders :)

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

Are they still implementing border control on malmo side

8. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:32 am, October 08, 2017
Edited: 6:32 am, October 08, 2017

9. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:34 am, October 08, 2017
Edited: 6:34 am, October 08, 2017

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)

Yes, there is border control after crossing the border. It's actually even tighter now than before (all passengers *should* be checked, which weren't the case earlier).

Reply to: Copenhagen to Malmo and Lund (transportation)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malmo