We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Housing in Umea City

Which Umea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eindhoven, The...
3 posts
Save Topic
Housing in Umea City

Are you coming to Ume�� University as an International Student (Free Mover) ?

Beware! There are very very few student rooms available in Ume�� City. Also Ume�� University shows very little interest in arranging housing for International Students. (Not Exchange Students). So you have to find your housing...though University claims that we arrange Housing for International Students too. As Ume�� University has 25,000 and more student...its tough for new comer to find housing in Ume�� City...

There is company called Bostaden in Ume�� City which arranges accomodation for students also.... Beware...Its illusive...Bosatden website shows many student housing apartments, but to get one it might take one year....

Please try to arrange some accommodation before coming to Ume�� otherwise you will be frustrated and it will be hard to pay attention towards your studies.

I am sure, you will come to Ume�� mainly for studies and now to look for housing all the time.

Best luck !

nigeria
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Housing in Umea City

thanks so much for your information its just like you are God sent.

this i ssue as been bordering me for long.im trying to apply to umea

university for my masters programme starting next year august.i've

registered to bostaden but it seems that they dont like repling their

clients at all.please is there any way i can get a cheap accomodation for myself with ease and quick contact.

2. Re: Housing in Umea City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:07 am, April 25, 2010
tehran
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Housing in Umea City

Hi,

I would like to continue my education in umea next fall at electrical department, I would like to know more about this city which region is closer to university and also cheap for students

I reserve some resereved home in bostaden in some area that vacant home for student was more than other place but I dont know is it good region or not since other region also has some place and in this season I dont think it was a good criterion

after all I would be like to know is it possible to share somewhere withought telling the bostaden

and want to know more about living expense and fun place in the city

thank you in advance

I would be available at

repsieximo@yahoo.it

amir_aabi@ yahoo mesenger

Ho Chi Minh city
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Housing in Umea City

Thanks for your rely! I have sent you an email. Please check your email!

Jakarta
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Housing in Umea City

Hi,

Really? Is it the same with Umea Institute Of Design? I'm planning to apply there this year. What should I do with the housing accommodation if that of course, if i get accepted there.

Thx

umea
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Housing in Umea City

hi!

Im brasilian living in rio de janeiro, but just came back from a 5 years in germany.

I receive an invitation to work at Umea University (Im a researcher - biochemistry) and would like to know some more informal informations about the city, way of life, costs and people.

I went to sweden last year but I didnt camo to Umea, just some cities like stockolm, malmo and upsala.

Thank you in advance!

Dhaka
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Housing in Umea City

I get admission in Umea University Master's programme spring 2009. So, I am getting problems to find information about the price of room/housing, food, and other living fees in umea due to inadequate informations.

Please give me some information how to get accommodation in umea and how is the estimated rent / month. Give me some useful link related to student accommodation.

Looking for your kind reply.

Email: smbakhtiar@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Umea, Sweden
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Housing in Umea City

There seems to often be problems for all students to find accommodation especialli in the autumn. Therefore there is a emergency accommodation group to help the students. Check it out http://www.kfum.nu/01_akutrumeng.php

Good luck

9. Re: Housing in Umea City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, October 13, 2009