We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help make our itinerary work!

OC
14 posts
Save Topic
Help make our itinerary work!

Planning a March trip to Stockholm and Ice Hotel in Sweden, Bergen/Flam (Norway) and Iceland. (Would be open to seeing a different part of Norway instead if making Bergen work is just too difficult.)

We have 11 - 12 days (coming from California) and are trying to figure out how to make our itinerary work. Seems that a lot of airplanes may need to be involved and since I don't love flying, I would like to cut down on the flights required to make our trip work, but also don't want to lose too much time traveling.

Any ideas would be so appreciated! Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
Flam
Flam
Aurland Municipality, Norway
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Norway
Norway
Europe
Dubai
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help make our itinerary work!

It may be worth keeping an eye on how the SAS airline talks to avoid bankrupcy are going before you make any decisions: they are the only airline that fly to Kiruna (ice hotel) and they may be out of business in the next week! (I have a trip there already booked for December, so fingers crossed!). Also, make sure your travel insurance specifically covers you for airline bankrupcy as most insurers won't pay out in that instance.

Mentioned in this post
Kiruna
Kiruna
Norrbotten County, Sweden
OC
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help make our itinerary work!

Thanks so much for that tip! We're just getting ready to book and that is key info.

3. Re: Help make our itinerary work!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, December 16, 2013