We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiruna- Kirkenes

San Jose, California
7 posts
Save Topic
Kiruna- Kirkenes

Hello- I am planning to go from Kiruna (SWE) to Kirkenes (NOR) the weekend of February 17-18; and I am having the hardest time finding clear info online. I need to be in Kirkenes the morning of the 18th to take the Hurtigruten cruise to Bergen. Can someone help? Is there a bus from Kiruna, through Finland, and then to Kirkenes? I would hate having to fly down to Stockholm- Oslo-Kirkenes. Please advise, many thanks!

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiruna- Kirkenes

O boy! This isn´t easy!

There are buses both through Finland and Norway to get you to Kirkenes but it will take a couple of days!

But there are trains from Kiruna to Narvik

So only way is to fly from Narvik to Kirkenes with a change in Tromsö

Narvik main airport is 75 minutes away from town center.

But the schedules doesent look good! You will have to stay for the night in Narvik or Tromsö.

Maybe board the hurtigruten i Tromsö instead?

Try to post in the Norway forum for more expertice.

2. Re: Kiruna- Kirkenes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 15, 2013