We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to sweden

panjim,goa, india
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
trip to sweden

is it a good time to go to Sweden around 25 th September. I am travelling with my husband. I live in Goa, India. I like nature and natural beauty. wat are the most attractions around this time of the year ?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
456 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to sweden

That would be a great time to visit. Be sure to visit the Stockholm archipelago.

panjim,goa, india
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to sweden

can we do dog sledging in September ?

also is it a good time to see northern lights in Norway at the same time ?

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
250 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to sweden

It depends on where you go. In late September it might be 15-20 degrees centigrade daytime in the south and the snow may have arrived in the north. However, I would not count on the later. It is still some 10° in the far north today. Here are some web cameras from Kiruna, in the far north: webbkameror.se/webbkameror/kiruna/index.php

Nature and natural beauty may mean a lot of things. I agree that the archipelago is nice. Another thing about Swedish nature is its accessibility: As long as you only take photographs and only leave footprints, you are allowed to roam anywhere you like in nature, pitch a tent anywhere for one night etc. There are a lot of hiking trails if you are into that?

The northern lights will be seen just as well in Sweden as in Norway, if they do appear. There are never any guarantees there but the only time I saw them myself was in fact in late September, when I was not far from Sundsvall which is about in the middle of the country geographically. I, as most Swedes, live in the south.

Mjolby, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to sweden

Dog sledding on snow in September will be hard to do I am afraid. Some companies offers dog sledding on gravel (sledges with wheels) but that takes away the idea of dog sledding I would say.

Northern Lights can as Christopher says be seen in Sweden as well. September could work for the Northern Lights but I advise you to go far up north in either Sweden or Norway. The lights are seldom seen in the southern parts. But keep in mind that (as already said) that there are no guarantees for the lights so allow as much time as you possibly can to increase the chances.

You could have a look at this page to get an idea how frequent the lights have been over the years:

http://se.jokkmokk.jp/diary.php

It's from the small village Porjus in northern Sweden, a great place for watching the lights.

Edited: 2:54 am, September 15, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to sweden

Hi,

Did you find your way here to Sweden? If you like nature and natural beauty it is really the right country - and right time of the year. Within an hour or two from Stockholm Arlanda Airport you'll find amazing nature. Something I really recommend this time of the year is going on a hike and pick mushrooms. Just bring someone local to point out which ones are eatable and which ones are poisonous.

Send me an e-mail if you are in the area and want some recommendations on places to visit. I couldn't list all good places here. It depends on what you want to experience. My e-mail is bjarne.engstrand@swedish-nature-experience.se.

6. Re: trip to sweden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 26, 2014