We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midsummer Weekend

Brisbane
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Midsummer Weekend

I am trying to decide whether to stay an extra day in Stockholm or leave the city as intended on Friday 21 June. We had planned to pick up a rental car on 21 June this year and begin a driving trip through the south and ending in Malmo. Maybe it is not a good day to start the trip on Midsummer Eve if everyone will be on the road, but I have also read on this forum that Stockholm is 'dead' at this time. Will lots of things be closed for the weekend?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midsummer Weekend

Sweden in general will be quite dead during the Midsummer Weekend.

Most shops close at around 14-15 in the afternoon and will often stay closed until Sunday when there will be regular opening hours.

Most people will be celebrating with family and friends. I'd say leave Stockholm on the 21st.

Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midsummer Weekend

I Agree!

Friday 21 is driveable as most people allready have reached their summer houses and campsites. Thursday 20 afternoon is the time to avoid. And avoid road E22 southwards on those days!

3. Re: Midsummer Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 10, 2014