We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greco Restaurant Closed?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Greco Restaurant Closed?

I have seen a comment on TripAdviser that Greco Greek Restaurant has closed - does anyone have any info about what has happened, as this was a great Taverna on the seafront? Tried calling the number and sure enough there was no reply.

Thanks for your help.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greco Restaurant Closed?

I've been trying to call them for two weeks now, and no answer. So I went to have a look on Friday night, and the place was completely closed up, with no notices on the window to suggest that this is a temporary state of affairs. It had such good reviews, I wonder what on earth happened?

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greco Restaurant Closed?

One time when we went there, we were told that the partners were arguing. Looks as if they didn't reconcile their differences. What a terrible shame! One of my favourite eateries :-(

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greco Restaurant Closed?

Looks like this is the new incarnation of Greco. Will have to investigate further, as their website is still being worked on. Only discovered this on seeing a Living Social deal.

http://www.beachviewrestaurant.co.uk/

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greco Restaurant Closed?

Thanks Pearlpoppy - I will check it out. I saw it had a new sign up saying café/mezze/tapas, so will keep an eye out. Really hope it is good, as it is such a great location.

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greco Restaurant Closed?

Fingers crossed, Brightoncoaster, I also wish them well and hope for a happy return. If you get there before me, would love to hear how you got on.

Hersonissos, Greece
Level Contributor
254 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greco Restaurant Closed?

Certainly looks like the same place from the photos....Let's hope that while they have been doing a refurb they have done something about the toilets which were some of the worst I have come across in years....

The web site still says they have hummus on the menu, I don't know why because you rarely see it in Greece (it comes from much further east), which is a shame really because I rather like it, they also still have haloumi cheese on the menu and that certainly does not come from Greece at all!! Why anyone would want to eat tasteless pieces of white rubber with scorch marks on it still beats me!!

Here's hoping too that the Greek salad has lettuce in it just like it does in Greece!!

According to the photos they also have 'traditional kafenion' chairs with sea grass seats, my buttocks long ago became used to these, but you might like to ask for a cushion if you are going to sit on one for any length of time!

Ps I live on Crete and went to 'Greco' in June 2013..

Edited: 1:19 pm, December 24, 2013
7. Re: Greco Restaurant Closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Brighton and Hove