We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me choose a hotel...

Vancouver
8 posts
Save Topic
Please help me choose a hotel...

Hello,

Myself and two friends will be in Copenhagen for four nights in early March. We are from Vancouver, Canada and look forward to spending some time in northern Europe.

We are three guys in our early 30's, with professional careers but enjoy behaving as if we were still in our early 20's whenever we go away on vacation.

We would like to book a stylish/trendy hotel, which is very well located for bars/nightclubs/restaurants and shopping, within a 20-30 min walk to some of the touristy sites, and near transportation routes.

We have read some good things about the following hotels:

- The Avenue

- First Hotel Vesterbro

- The Admiral

- The Square

- 74 Nyhavn

Any suggestions on the aforementioned hotels or any hotels you would ecommend? All the information you can provide will help us greatly.

Thanks,

Jason.

Glasgow/Copenhagen
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me choose a hotel...

The Admiral is a beautiful hotel, very stylish. However it is not the most conveniently located... it is up by Amalienbourg Slots, you should be able to find this rather easily on a map and judge it for yourself. It is definitely within your 20-30 minute walk limit though :)

My personal choice would be The Square. You get the best of all worlds there, nice hotel, modern decor, and right on the main square (Radhusplasen)

I am afriad I am not familiar with the other hotels. Hope this helps.

NJ
Level Contributor
277 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me choose a hotel...

Would you also recommend the Square for older travelers - mid fifties? What other options should I look at? My husband and I will be in Copenhagen for two nights in August and I'm having trouble finding a place.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
698 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me choose a hotel...

First Hotel Vesterbro isn't in the most convenient location. If you like marine decor Admiral is a good choice, but other than Nyhavn it's not so close to the other attractions or a metro station.

The Square indeed has a central location, close to Stroget, NY Glyptoteket and Tivoli.

In the same neighbourghood:

If you like scandinavian design i suggest you look at the Radisson SAS Royal, renovated in the original Jackobsen style.

A classic option would be the Plaza Copenhagen Hotel. I stayed there and it was very nice, with the main station and Tivoli just opposite. It used to be a Sofitel, but now that Accor sold all its properties in Denmark is managed by Profil Hotels.

Have a nice stay in Copenhagen!

Georgia, USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me choose a hotel...

I liked the First Hotel Vesterbro when I was there back in September. Its about two blocks from the Central Station (and Tivoli which will be closed at that time). It close to nightlife in Vesterbro and there are many good restaruants nearby. I was able to get a very good prepaid rate from Orbitz.com, but there were also some good super saver rates direct from the hotel website I have booked for a return trip in February. I keep checking both, Orbitz seems like the better deal right now.

Vancouver
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me choose a hotel...

Thank you for all the information!!! We truly appreciate it and we are definitely looking forward to touching down in Copenhagen in March.

Has anyone stayed at The Avenue Hotel? It appears The Square is sold out for our particular weekend, is there a hotel nearby you would recommend?

Cheers,

jw.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me choose a hotel...

Hotel Skt. Petri is REALLY stylish, new and modern. And you simply can't beat the location. HOWEVER. It is expensive but well worth the extra cost and would be perfect for you....

http://www.sktpetri.dk/intro.html

For booking of other hotels in Copenhagen the best prices are found here:

http://www.hotelnet.dk

NJ
Level Contributor
277 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me choose a hotel...

If you had to choose between Scandic Copenhagen and the Square, which would you choose and why?

Glasgow/Copenhagen
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me choose a hotel...

mjthecruiser -

I would definitely recommened The Square to a couple in their 50's... my parents (54 & 58) would stay in The Square when they would come and visit me in Copenhagen.

9. Re: Please help me choose a hotel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 16, 2009