We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions...

England
4 posts
Save Topic
A few questions...

Hi! I am about to visit Copenhagen for 3 days and I have a couple of questions.

1) What is the dress code for going out to bars? Not clubs, but pubs or bars.

2) How is the weather right now? Is it really cold?

3) What is the best thing to do while there? (If you've been to Copenhagen or live there, what is the one thing you most suggest doing?

Thanks!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions...

1) there are no dresscode for almost all bars and pubs...

2) Weather is about 5-8 degrees C (41-46 F) in the day time and about 0 degrees C at night (32 F)

3) this question is easier to answer if i know something about you: Young old, traveling alone? romantic, action?

England
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions...

adrianfm~

I am 23 years old, and I and another girl (also 23) are going with our husbands (26). I like wintery stuff...haha I hope that makes sense. Any ice skating, or any outside markets? Stuff like that? Also I'm really into culture, like museums about Copenhagen, or art museums. I guess really just anything lol.

Thanks!

Scotland
Level Contributor
593 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions...

Greetings

There are several outdoor rinks including the one at Kongens Nytorv. Unfortunately the weather has been unseasonably warm and rainy, so it's not really skating weather. The last couple of days it has been cooler, but it still rained yesterday so I don't think it's getting that close to freezing at night.

I was not impressed by the Nyhavn Christmas Market and I think the Tivoli market is not as good as it has been. That said, I still thinking Tivoli is well worth the money because it's one of a kind and looks stunning in all the Christmas light.

Plenty of good musics - Statens Museet for Kunst (State Art Museum) and the Ny Carlsberg Glyptoteket are both excellent. The Nationalmuseet is also worth a trip if you're into museums.

Kate

Copenhagen, DK
Level Contributor
177 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions...

Hi there,

I would definately go iceskating... the rink at Kgs. Nytorv is normally the best one... an good alternative is the one near "Frederiksberg Garden (Have)" .. then you can have a walk around the Garden, go iceskating and then go to a cafe for a cup of "glögg" (warm wine - christmas spiced) to heat up again...

You could also visit "runde tårn" for a view over the town... especially if the sky is clear...

What we normally do in the winter is to hang-out on cafe's to hide from the cold wind and depressing weather... I would recommend you to go for a brunch while you are here... "Marius" on Nørre Farimagsgade 55 is a really good place...

Best Christmas Wishes!

Martin

5. Re: A few questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 19, 2009