We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen night

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Copenhagen night

Good evening to everybody!

My name is Sofia, I’m 29 years old and I come from Italy.

I’m starting the New Year in the fantastic Copenhagen with some friends.

We’re staying from 29th December to 1st January.

We are young (29-35 years), we wear casual dress, we desire to try the Danish food, we prefer typical and (first of all!) cheap places.

In particular we would like to spend our time in restaurants where Danish people usually come, so we’ll know Danish life style!

Is there anybody who can kindly suggest us some of those restaurants-pub or, generally, the area of the city where we can easy find them?

Another question: in Copenhagen does every restaurant organise the New Year’s Eve dinner party or will we find restaurants with the normal menu and rates?

Thank you in advance and sorry if my questions are boring!

I’m looking forward to visit the Little Marmaid’s city!

Greetings from Venice!

Sofia

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen night

Well danish restaurants is actually not THAT popular in Denmark it self... Traditional danish food are kept at home in our own kitchens where we fully enjoy that... Here we really like Italian, french, greek food etc and you will find a lot of that. Many restaurants have special menus and you HAVE to book a table. Other will just be open as usual. A good area is around Boltens Gård down every street in that area (Next to Kngs Nytorv) but generally you will find a lot of different restaurants...Cheaper restaurants but just as good can be found in Copenhagen V and N area.

BTW: Be aware of the fireworks at midnight - It goes completely out of hand and you will experince Fireworks where ever you look....

And one more thing - bring money! - you will find beers etc very expensive at bars.

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen night

Thank you very much!!!

3. Re: Copenhagen night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 24, 2009