We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottish girls looking for nightlife in Copenhagen

Glasgow
1 post
Save Topic
Scottish girls looking for nightlife in Copenhagen

We are two late 30 year old girls (but feel more like early 30's!) looking for the best pubs, clubs and cafes for our age group. We like current dance music, but aren't really into trance, R&B, hip hop. Can you tell us the best places to go.

Any suggestions for any good, medium priced restaurants in city area would also be great.

Dorsia
Dance Clubs & Discos, Bars & Clubs
Ruby
Bars & Clubs
Farfar
Bars & Clubs, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Not Your Parents Winebar
Wine Bars, Bars & Clubs
Copenhagen
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottish girls looking for nightlife in Copenhagen

Hey ScotsLassies

Well, there should be plenty of places to go to...but my mind is a bit blank. I'll try and give you some of the places I do remember...

Pub:

The Dubliners (Strøget)

Bloomsday Bar (Niels Hemmingsens Gade 32)

Clubbing/Bar

Ideal Bar - all kinds of age groups, but the majority is probably younger. (Enghavevej 40)

Copenhagen Jazzhouse (Niels Hemmingsens Gade 10)

La dolce vita - haven't been there myself, but you have to be 25 years old to get in. Small place, though (Trommesalen 5)

Rat-pack - cocktailbar/clubbing (Løvstræde 4)

Cafe Ketchup - cafe/restaurant/bar/clubbing (Pilestræde 19)

Cafe Victor - cafe/restaurant/bar (Ny Østergade 8)

Cafe Zeze - cafe/restaurant/bar (Ny Østergade 20)

cheers

missCp

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen Jazzhouse
Copenhagen Jazzhouse
16 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
edinburgh
Level Contributor
88 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottish girls looking for nightlife in Copenhagen

Just come back from copenhagen last weekend. At all costs avoid the bars around Tivoli such as Rosie McGees, The English bar and The Scottish Bar. If you know the Three Sisters in Edinburgh you will know what I'm on about.

Miss CP suggested we went to Norrebro which dosen't look that nice but there are some nice bars up there. Also wander off Stroget (the main shopping street) and you will find nice bars.

If you are looking for the best clubs i suggest asking the locals when you get there. They are very friendly.

You will get a resaonably priced meal at Jensens Boufhous(steaks). Other than that I suggest the side streets off Stroget. there are some lovely looking restaurants.

Food is slightly more expensive than Glasgow/Edinburgh. Allow at least £20-£30 for a meal with a drink

Drink is hideously expensive anywhere. The average half litre of beer is between £4.50 and £5.50.

You will love it and fell very safe. Oh and the shopping is great too

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
New York
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scottish girls looking for nightlife in Copenhagen

When are you going to Copenhagen? A group of us Scots ex-pats living in NY are going over in December.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scottish girls looking for nightlife in Copenhagen

Hi there.

If you want to explore the Danish food at a good price, you could try Den Danske Kro....here is some info about the place:

(By AOK & the Copenhagen Post | visiting@aok.dk)

Den Danske Kro

Nørre Farimagsgade 13

1364 København K

Phone: 33 11 15 13

Fax: 32 84 67 78

It is the good old-fashioned Danish food that is on the menu - lots of smørrebrød, but also solid warm dishes.

There are a lot of smørrebrød on the menu, especially on Saturdays, where you can choose the buffet. Of course you can also get classic Danish dishes, such as pepper steak, plaice, meat balls, duck, and much more.

Open

Mon-Fri 11.30-21.00

kitchen closes 20.00

Sat 12.30-16.00

kitchen closes 15.00

Meals served

Lunch

Dinner

Price level [$$$$]

Main courses under $8

New York City
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scottish girls looking for nightlife in Copenhagen

You will find a few options. Ideal was about the best I saw, when I was there and Vega was right next to it. Very good places. I didn't even get let into Rosie McGee's. Get this. They were turning away all of the black people, which I am, at the door. Myself and my three friends, just given a "sorry guys". We asked what was wrong and they didn't know what to say but weren't letting us in. I've learned that others have been treated this way.

If you don't like that kind of atmosphere, steer clear.

6. Re: Scottish girls looking for nightlife in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 19, 2009