We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,251 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking

Hi,

My wife and I are considering a visit in November. She's highly allergic to cigarette smoke. How difficult will it be for her in restaurants and other public places?

Thanks in advance.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking

Sadly, Denmark and the Danes are not keeping up with the rest of the world when it comes to anti smoking regulation. Strange really when you know how advanced and egalitarian they are in other ways. Only very slowly is the anti smoking rule for public places being introduced and even more slowly is the attitude of smokers changing. With November being pretty cold, hence hard to eat in the open.... I'm afraid it's not going to be easy... sorry!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,251 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking

Thanks for the information. I had a feeling that was going to be the answer.

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking

Hello

mosegrisen is right when she says that it's hard to find non-smoking places in Copenhagen. However it is possible to find some restaurants with a non-smoking policy, in case you decide to go here anyway...

www.aok.dk/search…

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking

Hi

Im also sorry to say that when its comes to smoking Denmark is a nightmare (if you dont like smoke).

BUT there are restaurants and cafes where smoking is not allowed, so it should not keep you away.

Ofcourse smoking is not allowed in busses, metro, museums, cinemas etc.

Feel free to ask for names on resturants and cafees where you can avoid smoke, usually they are also good places to eat!

As fare as i know the "smoking situation" is the same in Germay, Hollland/Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, France and eastern european contries.

Next year a new law will forbid smoking in restaurants and other public rooms.

5. Re: Smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 24, 2009